The COVID-19 period caused some additional efforts to build an indoor football facility but we succeeded and the construction works went according to schedule. The first customers are coming in October, says Erkki Kauppinen, rector of Tanhuvaara Sports College.
The indoor training facility "Tanhuvaara" will be of great importance to the hundreds of girls and boys who play football. For Savonlinna, the dome football stadium will certainly be an attraction in the future, Erkki Kauppinen predicts.
The new indoor football pitch will enable a wide variety of sports trainings in excellent conditions:
- 40 mm artificial turf with flexible base
- Football pitch 82 x 55m with additional training area
- The football pitch can be divided into 2x [55x40m] fields with a safety area inbetween
- The locker rooms are located right next to the airdome
- The size of the whole indoor football facility is 9.190 m2
Tanhuvaara Sports College in 2019
Construction works for the Indoor football pitch started
Outdoor football pitch with concrete foundation are ready
Air dome construction phase
Air dome before inflating
The indoor football pitch with new generation air dome is built